Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 7


Day 7 – Nov 7

I know it’s not representative of all Republicans, at least I hope it’s not, but after reading the posts from so many Romney supporters/Obama haters it sure becomes clear that there is probably a gentler, kinder party and an ugly, hateful party. Frankly, I’m a little shocked at some of the comments and remarks. 

I was personally worried and nervous my preferred candidate (Obama) wouldn’t win and we’d be under the leadership of Romney and his archaic agenda but I also know that if that had happened I wouldn’t  be making hateful, ridiculous and unfounded comments or racial slurs. Granted, I wouldn’t have congratulated anyone but I know in my heart that I would have found a way to look forward with a positive attitude and work towards a better America and the common good. Maybe it’s the state of the world today but it troubles me deeply that people can be so negative, hateful, disrespectful and bigoted. What a rude and uncaring world we live in.

I’m not a blind optimist and I know there is work to be done but I’m thankful to be able to move past the ugly attitudes and am prouder than ever to be part of a kinder, gentler nation. I’m thankful it’s a new day and that hope lives on.


No comments:

Post a Comment