Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 22


Nov 22 – Day 22

Thanksgiving – the day where we truly pause and think about everything we are thankful for. I’m on this little 30 day mission to remind myself (and hopefully others) of the little things we need to be grateful for. So on this original day of thanks I offer you this.

I am thankful for my family. Without them, I am nothing.  For my parents and siblings who shaped me in my formative years, my grandparents and extended family for the part they played, every teacher and friend who pushed me along the path to adulthood.  For my coworkers, friends and acquaintances for the friendship, tolerance and teachings.

For my husband who I shared an amazing life with and a love I don’t think I’ll ever know again. For my husband’s family( which seems really silly to word that way because they are MY family) and the lifetime we’ve shared and the love that has been shown to me, for my two son-in- laws and daughter-in-law for making my children so happy and making their lives what they are today. For my granddaughters and grandson for the joy, laughter, love and silliness they bring to the world.

And finally, for my three children. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about each and every one of you. My world revolved around you for so long and I hope you know that my life would be nothing had it not been for you. Your love and friendship carries me through and I will always be here for you, no matter what. As we all move forward in our lives, I’m gonna make you smile, piss you off, make you worry, make you laugh but I’m gonna love you and you’re gonna love me. And isn’t that what we’re all about?  Thankful doesn’t even begin to describe it.





No comments:

Post a Comment