Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 12


Nov 12 – Day 12

I actually agonized over the decision to buy a new car so when some random guy pulled out of a parking lot lane at the Tucson Mall and right in to my car as I drove the interior road it was awful. I wasn’t hurt or anything and the damage to my car wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t drive it. But I’d been hit before and it turned out the person’s insurance information was invalid. The lady had defaulted and had been cancelled a couple of months prior to hitting me. Any attempts to reach her failed. So when the 911 operator told me that this recent accident was on private property and the police won’t come out and we should just exchange insurance information I was worried.

Luckily he had insurance and it was valid. He was an out of state driver with out of state insurance (Colorado) so it took a while for his insurance company to contact him and verify his actual place of residence but it all worked out. I’m dropping my car off at a body shop to get fixed today and will be in a rental for a few days all compliments of HIS insurance company.

Today I am thankful for insurance, valid insurance. And health insurance because I have to make my health insurance selections as my open enrollment period ends tonight at midnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment