Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 28

Nov 28 - Day 28


Remember when times were simpler and you didn’t have a care in the world? If you’re like me it was when you were a child because the complications usually start for us in our teen years and only multiple from there.

Summer vacations in my family meant a two-week break and the whole family would load up the car and head to Clear Lake, CA to spend time with my grandpa who lived in a big old, rambling 3-story “cabin”. My sisters and I would spend our days walking down the dirt & gravel road to the little general store for candy, bottles of Squirt (real glass bottles) and post cards; jumping off the little pier , swimming out to the wooden, floating deck to sun ourselves; playing games and cards and exploring the countryside and feeding  the deer.  TV? Nah. Video games? Nah. Like I said, simpler times. I’m so thankful I know those times and wish today’s kids did. The days where you played outside all day, drank from hoses, listened to our parents, and grew up with a little more innocence.

I'm so grateful for the memories I have and the time I grew up in.


No comments:

Post a Comment