Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 3


Nov 3 – Day 3

A few years ago I was asked by a friend to join her networking group and I managed to dodge her requests. A networking group? Ugh, that’s just not me.  I finally relented when she asked me to attend an evening membership drive party. Again, I wasn’t really interested but she promised it would be fun – a cocktail or two, some tasty finger foods and some really nice people.  I walked away from that little party with a whole new attitude and a membership application in my purse.

This wonderful group…my friends… the Beta Group… they’ve all become a treasure of immeasurable worth for me.  I was just barely in to my year of leading this group as president when Al was diagnosed and gone all within a month and a half. The love and support  I was shown was amazing.  Special considerations were made and the vice president stepped in as president.  They allowed me to come back when I was ready a few months later and serve out the rest of the year as a second term vice president. When the following year came I was able to fulfill my original duty as president. It was all so out of the ordinary and outside of any bylaws but these wonderful people made exceptions and made sure I knew they were there for me.

I’m joining members of the Beta Group today for a fun-filled special event and really looking forward to it. I’m thankful for my Betas, not only for the camaraderie and business contacts but for the love, support and human kindness that lives within them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment