Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 21


Nov 21 – Day 21

I commute just about 18 miles each way to work which during rush hour takes about 40 minutes each way. Having grown up in the Los Angeles area I know this is nothing. And I really don’t mind the commute at all except when I stay in the area after work to do something and then it seems to take forever.

Some days I’m on remote control and get to a certain point in my drive and wonder how I got there but most days I’m fully aware and actually enjoying the drive. On those days I see so much. Amazing, breathtaking views of the various mountain ranges that surround me, public art that makes me smile, car vanity plates that I try to decipher, and people all around me in their cars, at bus stops, on bikes and walking on the street. I especially love to catch someone in my rearview mirror belting out a song with their windows up.  That’s when I have to laugh because I now know what I look like when doing the same and am thankful for dark tinted windows!

I’m actually thankful for my commute even though it would be a real gas saver to live closer to work. But then I’d miss so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment