Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 23


Nov 23 – Day 23

Lining up in the dark cold with hundreds /thousands of other fools at 3 or 4AM, sipping coffee, laughing and sharing stories all to join the stampede when the doors open at 5AM for Black Friday. It’s really a lot of fun and if you are looking for a few specific things, it’s totally worthwhile.

But this year? Not so much. I feel that some of the major retailers took a lot of the fun and excitement out of Black Friday by either opening their doors and offering “Black Friday” deals on Thanksgiving evening or by releasing them early online. Just more proof that all our holidays are becoming more and more commercialized. Those poor Target and Wal-Mart employees that had to interrupt or completely forgo their family celebrations and report to work.

It just wasn’t working out for me to do the Black Friday shopping this year and then my daughter called me at 10:30pm and convinced me to hit our local Target with her. The entire parking lot was full and most of the door busters were gone but there were still a few deals to be found. And I’m guilty of snagging an online door buster on Thanksgiving for myself.

I’m thankful for the fun, excitement and deals of Black Friday and that I'm healthy enough and able to participate but wish it would go back to FRIDAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment