Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 25


Nov 25 – Day 25

Kinda feels like we’ve been given the gift of an extra week since Thanksgiving fell early this year.  I don’t feel the mad rush (yet) that I often feel once Black Friday hits. I’ve accomplished quite a bit for me. I’ve started the homemade Christmas gifts I’ll be giving to friends/coworkers/neighbors, I’ve done a decent amount of Christmas gift shopping (still have a long way to go though), I’ve started looking for Christmas cards, I’ve decked the halls (indoor only….my son will be here during the week to help get the outdoor lights up) and already purchased the birthday gift for one granddaughter (two December birthdays for the girls). In my world, this is amazing and I qualify as a time genie/organizer extraordinaire.

Stepping outside the thankful thing for a sec to acknowledge a little bit of sadness today. While I haven’t “cried” in months (hallelujah, it’s only taken two and a half years to feel like I’m moving on and not dwelling on missing him), when I finished putting up all the indoor decorations I was hit by a sudden wave of sadness. Al really loved Christmas and decorating the house and the indoor lights & tree were ϋber special to him. And why in the hell I listen to country music at times like this is beyond me. Just a brief moment but like I said, I need to acknowledge it. For me.

So I’m thankful for this little gift of time, this extra week. I know it doesn’t really exist, but in my non-planning/last minute shopper head it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment