Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 20


Nov 20 – Day 20

After work tonight I hit the grocery store to get a few last minute things for Thanksgiving dinner and you know what? I love grocery stores. Yes, yes I do. I get lost in them – not actually “lost” as in directionally but lost in the sense that I like to walk around and look at things, look at people and I usually end up forgetting that I was ever in a hurry.

Ever been in a grocery store in a different region of the country or in a completely different country? I love going to Mexican and Asian markets and checking out the meats and produce. We’ve got some great ones here in Tucson – Lee Lee’s Oriental Supermarket, Grantstone, Food City, El Super, 17th Street Market.  I love going to the grocery store when we go to Puerto Peñasco too. I haven’t been lucky enough to travel to any foreign countries but Mexico; so my all-time favorite grocery store is in Playa del Carmen in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico.  Amazing place full of fantastic things!

So while many of you absolutely hate your trips to the grocery store, I’m the one going from one side to the other and back again as I realize I forgot something and then get sidetracked by the organic produce while suddenly remembering that all the summer stuff is on sale in the center of the store. I’m thankful for grocery stores and that it takes very little to entertain me.



No comments:

Post a Comment