Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 15


Nov 15 – Day 15

My formative years occurred in the 70s and like any teenager, music played a huge part in my life. That carefree life my friends and I lived brings back some great memories as well as a few, well, smoke-hazed ones as well. Hey, it was the 70s!

My first concert was to see KISS in 1975 and while I wasn’t the biggest fan of the group, it sure gave me the concert bug.  We saw Van Halen before they were big at a club in Hollywood, Lynyrd Skynyrd at a stadium event just before that awful plane crash, Aerosmith in their heyday, Alice Cooper in all his black-eyed fun, Led Zeppelin and many, many more.

My tastes have changed over the years but I still love rock. I’m thankful for those early formative music years and the availability/affordability of the concert venue back then. What a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment