Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 13


Nov 13 – Day 13

Met a friend for dinner and drinks at Ra last night. Good conversation, laughter and catching up. I haven’t quite tackled going out to eat on my own yet and I’ve been craving some good sushi so when she suggested our meeting location I was pleased.

When I was a kid in the late 60s and early 70s I used to go to dinner with my parents in Little Tokyo, a Japanese district in Los Angeles. There was a favorite restaurant we usually went to but on occasion we’d try something different. My dad (an adventurous soul) ate a variety of sushi and other “foreign” dishes at those places while my childish taste was geared more towards the tempura.

Japanese beer, nigiri, rolls, sashimi, tuna tataki with a healthy dose of wasabi. It’s a simple bit of gratitude today but sushi makes me happy and actually makes me think of those days in Little Tokyo  and I’m thankful for the delicious flavors and heartwarming memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment