Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 6

Day 6 - Nov 6

I’m so thankful to live in a nation where I have the freedom to vote and have my voice heard. (Yes, I know about the Electoral College) My forefathers and mothers gave me this right and I take it pretty seriously.

I was raised to understand that voting is not a privilege, it is a right. I can remember casting my first vote in a presidential election in 1978. I was almost 19, newly married and incredibly proud to vote for the very first time and having that first time be in a presidential election made it all the more special.

At the end of this day, the results will be in and the awful political ads will finally be put to rest. I’m hopeful that those who lived and breathed this election and put way too much energy in to hate and lies (this goes for people I know representing BOTH parties) focusing on little else will be able to get past it should their candidate lose. After all, both Obama and Romney want the best for our country and will work to further the American Dream one way or another.

I’m thankful I have the right to vote.




No comments:

Post a Comment