Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Simple Things Make for Great Things - Day 6

Don't you just love that feeling when a song comes on the radio and suddenly you're transported back to high school? You're in a car with a group of friends driving home from the beach with the windows down, the smell of suntan oil in the air and you're all singing your hearts out.

I've been listening to the music of my youth lately: Aerosmith, Foreigner, Bob Seger, Tom Petty, Boz Skaggs, David Bowie... It sure makes my commute home go by really quickly. I just roll the windows up, turn up the volume and sing the songs as if I'm on stage. Sometimes it's hard to keep from moving my head and arms around but I keep myself in check knowing that the person in front of me is probably watching in their rear view mirror.

Music isn't really a little thing for me, it's been a constant companion throughout my life and has seen me through the best and worst of times. Turn it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment