Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Simple Things Make for Great Things - Day 5

Sometimes it's the littlest thing that can make your day. I often pass a newspaper vendor on the corner of a large intersection near my home. It's a popular place for these guys and this man is somewhat new to this particular median. He waves at busy commuters as they pull up to the red light anxiously awaiting their turn to make a left and get on their way. But it's not a blank wave with no emotion, simply put out there to try to sell more papers. His has a genuine feel.

I used to ignore the waves just like a lot of busy people in the morning. But lately I've been looking him square in the eye as I approach and return his wave with a smile and a wave back to him. And he smiles. And it makes my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment