Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Simple Things Make for Great Things - Day 9

My daughter Lesley was accepted in to the nursing program at Northern Arizona University (Tucson satellite location), a huge accomplishment especially since only about 20 applicants make it in each semester. I'm incredibly proud of her and it is hardly a simple thing.  But because of her acceptance, my simple thing occurred.

She asked me to babysit Isla and Clark while she and Trevor went out to a celebratory dinner. We played, had dinner together, I gave them baths and then we settled in to watch a movie before bed. Clark (21 months) was more interested in reading books on the floor so Isla (one month short of turning 4) and I sat on the couch together and watched Cinderella.

My heart was full as she held my hand through the entire movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment