Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Simple Things Make for Great Things - Day 3

Last night we had a brief, unexpected light rain shower. I opened my door to go outside with the dogs before going to bed and took it all in. The cool air, the light feel of soft drops on my face and the smell. Ahhh, the smell.

Every region has their own unique smell when it rains and I've only experienced the scent of the western United States and Mexico. But when I was growing up in southern California, the only smell I associated with rain was worms, slightly fishy smelling worms. It's so different here in the desert; the air is fragrant with the scent of creosote. It's the smell of summer, rejuvenation and home.

I really am thankful for simple things like the smell of my desert home.

No comments:

Post a Comment