Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

He's still showing us what's really important....our family

Some unfortunate family drama occurred last Friday that I prefer not to air (had to do with the Rocky Point house) but I am convinced Al helped out with a solution.

Following the initial drama and AFTER I dropped my phone and the battery popped out and landed in the pool, I was without a phone until I got a new battery the following day….Saturday. Got in the car, snapped the new battery in, powered on the phone and there it was. The time was 11:11. Felt like a message from Al that he was with me and knew how upset I was over the drama and that it’ll all be okay.

Back to the Rocky Point house without too many details on the drama that ensued …..

My daughter Lesley got married on the beach in front of Casa #18 and we held a wonderful wedding reception in that house in Mexico. It holds beautiful memories for us and Al was so proud walking Lesley down the sandy “aisle” to give her away. So we really wanted Casa #18 for Al’s upcoming birthday but it was booked. It’s a gorgeous house with gorgeous furnishings ON the beach. It’s the ideal beach home. We ended up renting Casa #20 instead and moved on with planning the trip. My daughter Alison checked multiple times on the availability of Casa #18 on the internet just out of curiosity. Unavailable. Why would it change? Of course if was booked.

Well after the ugly drama and family members considering canceling the reservation and booking separate condo units instead of staying all together in the casa, Alison pulled up the website and what do you know? Casa #18 was AVAILABLE. Why would that just happen?

In our minds it was Al stepping in and letting us know that we need to drop the stupid crap, come together as a family and remember what the October trip is all about. A quick call to the resort and the switch was made. My family dropped the drama and is coming together for Al. We’ll be in Casa #18 after all…..the house with all the memories. How very fitting.

So thanks Honey. We got your message loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment