Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Six months....a tribute to the joker and hippie

Yesterday I knew what today would be. On Sunday I remember thinking that tomorrow would be the 13th and that means that Sept 13 would be the 6 month anniversary of Al's passing. But somehow that thought completely left my head as I started my day today. It's somewhat ironic that I actually attended the memorial services of the father of one of my coworkers that I've known for oh, eight or nine years. Her dad passed in Peppi's House, the same TMC Hospice Al passed in. I hope in her last days with her dad I was able to offer some comforting words.

So yeah, mid-way through the service, I realized what I had forgotten. Today is the 6-month anniversary. I hate to say it but it's not getting any easier. Honestly. As I drove away from Krista's dad's service I glanced at my phone and saw a text message from my sister-in-law that she was thinking of us on this day.

Later I checked Facebook and saw that my daughter Lesley had posted this very simple statement as her status, "Salt & Pecker". She was trying to have a light-hearted look at today's anniversary by remembering one of her dad's jokes. Yes, that simple and that depraved...."Pass the salt & pecker." My husband...king of the stupid joke, often inappropriate.

So with that, we all posted a little something. My status became "Ed Zachary" to honor his ridiculous, inappropriate joke about the Chinese guy saying someone had Ed Zachary Disease. His face look Ed Zachary like his ass. Alison then posted as her status, "Sonova", where? "Sonova Beach" and Marsh finished it off by changing his status to the joke about not sinking his putts during golf and stating something along the lines of "if you'd put some hair around it, maybe I could find the hole."

Yes, inappropriate. Yes, so Al.

And to that end, I leave you with this. This inappropriate Christmas song that he loved. It's a nod to his early hippie days. He actually had me print up the lyrics and he kept them in a file. Inappropriate? You know it.

The 12 J's Of Christmas by Afroman

On the 1st Day of Christmas my true love gave to me, A Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 200 Reds and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 3 pounds of Grass, 200 Reds and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD
On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 7 white's a buzzing,6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 8 spoons a snorting, 7 whites a buzzing, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 9 Caps a dropping, 8 spoons a snorting, 7 whites a buzzing, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 10 peyote buttons, 9 caps a dropping, 8 spoons a snorting, 7 whites a buzzing, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 11 Magic Mushrooms, 10 peyote buttons, 9 caps a dropping, 8 spoons a snorting, 7 whites a buzzing, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of Grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.
On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 12 Kits a dripping, 11 Magic Mushrooms, 10 peyote buttons, 9 caps a dropping, 8 spoons a snorting, 7 whites a buzzing, 6 Joints a smoking, 5 VALIUMS!, 4 grams of Hash, 3 pounds of Grass, 200 Reds, and a Tab of Yellow Sunshine LSD.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that song! I miss him like crazy and all of his jokes.

    ReplyDelete