Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Where Do I Go From Here?

"Every flower must grow through dirt."

This blog has been my dirt for the past five years. It slowly nourished and provided the necessary sustenance I needed to get through that period in my life. But like the flower that grows through the dirt, I've grown. Hell, I've bloomed! My life and my happiness is 180 degrees from where I started and I am a different person moving forward in a different direction.

I'm struggling with what to do with this blog. It's like an old friend; sort of a confidant; one that I think I want to keep around. I've always enjoyed writing and I suppose I could close this one and start a whole new blog that sort of chronicles my new life and love but then I'd lose so much history and the ability to easily compare where I am now to where I was before and the path I traveled to get here. But before I move forward with where I think I'm going with the whole blog conundrum I have to a) figure out if there is any benefit to me continuing since the whole experience has truly been personal and shows a vulnerable side of myself to readers and more importantly is b) have a conversation with the fairly private man in my life to make sure he is open to me sharing certain aspects of our life together.

All in all, this blog has been cathartic, depressing, joyful, melancholy and hopeful for me. But I've outgrown that flower pot and have fully transplanted myself to the rich earth beneath my feet. I'm ready to spread my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment