Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Go Fish

Many of you…..well hell, most of you….know that I’ve started something new in my life. New things are fun, new things are exciting and new things keep YOU new. Well, you know what I mean.

I’ve really stepped outside of myself these past couple of months and it feels good. I’m looking at life in a whole new way, a way I’ve never really experienced before. I’ve said it before and it does bear repeating….I’ve never lived my life just for me. I didn’t have a crazy period in my life (teenage years don’t count!) where I did selfish, ridiculous things. I’ve never made decisions that didn’t affect an entire family.

Well life dealt me a hand I wasn’t expecting and I’m turning what I thought was a crappy Poker hand in to a winning Go Fish hand.
I’m not just making lemons in to lemonade; I’m making The Cup Café’s fucking Mexican Ice Water! Total sidebar but this drink is one of my favorites: Don Julio Silver, muddled lemons and fresh squeezed lemon juice poured over a glass of ice. Dare I say it? I think I’ve moved past my grief and have arrived at this next stage in my life.

This new thing is something I’m truly excited about. Never in a million years did I see myself doing anything like this. Ever. But the truth is, I’m loving it! I fell in love with Scentsy products about two years ago and was buying the products from a couple of different consultants….one consultant (director) in particular. She told me I should be selling it and I of course thought, “No way in hell.” I kept on watching her and saw an excitement that I was craving, a passion to succeed for myself, to do things my way. Although my financial situation scared me, it wasn’t what completely fueled my decision to take the plunge. It was the thought of doing something so completely outside of myself.

And I like it! Granted I’ve only been doing this for less than 45 days but I’m having FUN. Without giving a total sales pitch I just have to say that Scentsy is amazing and if you haven’t tried the products, you’re really missing out. Ha! Contact me; let me tell you about Scentsy! Crap….there I go.

So there you have it. My first step on a new path. I’m walking this path alone but that’s OK. It really, really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment